Friday, July 25, 2003

Charged

One positive,
one negative,
my lips are by physics shut,
and though magnetic, still permeable

Like paper clips, words tinged upon my lips,
magnetized when clinging lastly,
hovering a gap vast be-
tween two poles.

So that no word may divide
but be either
and yet neither
no middle ground to land on

I am blind to the
charge they take,
and if they forsake
my own constant current

Do not make me mute,
for I will overcome
and force undone
the pain a silence fakes me.


Sometimes I run out of sentences and have to speak in fragments. That's my blog tonight, since I think it will make more sense than any sentence could attempt tonight. It's not a sad poem, and it's not a happy poem. Contemplative. Just a few words on something I will never stray from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home