Friday, February 18, 2005


Juan-Les-Pins, France



In three months, I will be in chilling out right here, in Juan-Les-Pins, France. It's a small city on the coast of the Mediterranean, shadowed by the Alps. It's a small distance east of Cannes, where I will be attending the Cannes Film Festival (THE CANNES FILM FESTIVAL!!!!!!!!!!). I will then be taking journalism classes. Hopefully I will be spending much more time chilling out in cafe's or on the coast than in my apartment there. I am so excited! I haven't looked forward to something this much since going away to college. I don't know a single soul going on this trip with me, I don't know any of the faculty (minus my awkward interview with two of the professors), and I've never taken a journalism class; but I am so excited and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing I have always wanted to do. I've been to France before, but this trip promises to be so amazing. I get to combine my love for writing, pop culture, a language that i love, foreign places, and an AMAZING new town. I need to brush up on my francais.

I hope I meet lots of wonderful people and I hope I get to speak lots of French. I might even see a few movie stars at the film festival!

I don't even know what I am going to need for this trip. Seriously, I think I am going to want to stay much longer than my classes. If Megan K. and Laura H. do the Italy thing for maymester I think we are going to meet up afterwards, see the world, etc etc! I've always wanted to say, "Remember that time in Europe?"

Well, for the next three months you will hear about this a lot!! AHH I can't wait!

Goodnight :)

Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that saying "Remember that time in London (or Paris or Rome or Barcelona...et al)..." is one of mine and Chrissy's (and all of us that went to France's) favorite things to do!! :) Even though it makes us miss it. Your pic...ohh man...when can I go back?!?! After Mexico...yes :)
love ya! ~Lindsey

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm glad you are excited about your trip, and I'm glad you get to go. Oh yeah, we need to figure out when exactly I can get your gift to you cine it finally got here.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MADE MOLLY'S BOARD...I never knew my house was the House of Boos....that is really hilarious. Love you, Molly. Oh, and now that I got my hair cut, I totally am up for you cutting yours if you're still into it. It's fun!! (Although it looked REALLY cute the way you wore it for your recital.)
---Megs

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home