Saturday, October 23, 2004

I find this to be the most enjoyable Saturday afternoon I have had in a very long time. I hope my life leads to more and more days like this.

My mom came and stayed with me last night to take care of me, and I definitely feel better. :) She made me homemade macaroni and cheese and we watched Finding Nemo. She had to leave this morning though. :(

After she left, I had the whole afternoon to myself. My roomates weren't around, everyone was out of town. So I just ran errands, and I ended up at Barnes and Noble. That place, despite being a corporate chain, is so very enticing to me. So many books. And it smells so good. The atmosphere does a very good job of making me buy books. I spent way too much money there.

Then I took the long way home, just because. Down the pretty part of Milledge, down Old Lexington. How odd that a road can remind you of a person or a time in your life. And how odd that a bookstore can be the place where you feel most at home. I want more days like this. I want more days to drive and think and watch the day pass away. I am tired of noisy days. I am tired of getting up early for busy-ness. I will get up early any day to make breakfast and sit around. However, I don't know how long I can get up and plow through class after class.

The leaves are finally changing.

It has come to my attention that I am perhaps becoming things that I have dreamed of, and some things that I have feared. I am not worried, however. People always say to just be yourself, and I wonder how you can be someone else. Everything you do must in some way be a facet of yourself that you happen to explore at that moment. At this moment, I am quiet. I am more introverted. I have secrets. I have more life inside of me than I show. I am tired of developing relationships and friendships that are not my own, but are instead assumptions of an onlooking crowd.

I am, however, happy with my life, and the people in my life- new and old. I wonder who I will still know in two years. I wonder whose weddings I will attend, and who will be at mine. I wonder even where I will be then. Up north somewhere, I think. I hope. I need some more snow in my life. Just for a little while.

More snow, and more chocolate. And maybe more reeses pieces too. And shoes.

Time to go read away a fantastic day...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should feel good about your life. you are an amazing inspiration, especially to me. in the past little month, i have lost respect for a lot of people. but every day, you gain my respect, gratitude, and love more and more. respect, because you would never let anyone change you or your dreams. gratitude because i know that if needed, you are there for me in an instant. and love because over the past 10 months or so, you have become one of my closest and dearest friends. so you will be at my wedding and i will be at yours, no matter how far north you are. i aspire to be the kind of person you are growing so quickly to be, and having you as a friend is a blessing that i don't often voice. the snow will come, lurvey. :) if not, i will bring it to you.

Lurve Lurve,
Amy

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home