Monday, August 30, 2004

I just got back from an amazing night at the John Mayer concert. Maroon 5 played too. It was just incredible, but John Mayer was the best part of the night. He really loves the music, you can tell.

The whole night just made me think. Of course, it was fun. But this guy goes after his dreams, and makes it. And I know I have crazy dreams of what I want to do. And people I know, people I know and love dearly, don't think I can accomplish these things. But I will. I love life too much to sit around and not go after these dreams. I have been thinking so much lately about what it is that makes me happy, because that is what I need to be doing with my life. Living a happy life, that's what anyone wants. And I have decided that helping people feel things the way I do, love life the way I do, and want more out of life is what I need to do. How? I don't know. I love music, and I realized tonight that it's a different type of music than I am studying right now. I need to find a way to bring that to people: the feeling I get watching a concert and knowing that I should get more from life. I need to find a way to inspire people like that. I don't want to live my life just for me...

But it will happen: I will accomplish whatever I am meant to accomplish, whether anyone thinks I can or not. It's ultimately up to God, not them. I will love, I will live, I will have adventures, I will be happy, I will cry, I will make music, I will write, and I will see new things. I will have a full life. I have no doubt at all...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't count me in on that list of people who don't believe in you. Cause I'm pretty sure you could make it whatever you did, and I seriously mean that.

-Sam

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear your set on going after your dreams... That's what living life is all about in the first place. Enjoy it. Later, Floyd

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home