Monday, September 22, 2003

Rainy day, and I love it. There is no better day to think, no better day to sleep, nobetter day to eat cookies or to do anything really, than a rainy gloomy day. The wind always makes you awake and the clouds make you sleepy and the rain makes you awake again.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I were from a small town and never went to college and knew my whole life what I would do. If I just knew ever since I was born that I would work at General Beauregards Used Bookstore on Apple Street. That I knew I'd live in, hmmm Kansas perhaps, until I died. And that I'd get married to the little boy down the street and we'd have three kids and they would work at the store after school. If I knew all these things, and didnt want to go anywhere else cause I knew it was so and it was written, would I be so different? Would I be happy to see people or would I even care? My point is... I'm not sure. I never wish for that, to know anything about where I'll be, but... I've found myself thinking that thought so many times lately. I'll see a picture of an old town, and be like.... that could have been me. But I'm here, playing music, taking classes, hanging out... and looking to some future of which i have no concept. It's a little fun to think of the way circumstance has underlined the way I am.

I think I will take a nap now, because there is nothing better to do on a rainy day but put on some John Mayer, open the blinds and get a very warm blanket and sleep and not set the alarm. I have more I want to write about so I might update tonight. Sweet dreams and sweet sweet rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home