Friday, April 15, 2005

The Chocolate Fountain


Ok, so lots to catch up on. Last weekend- went all the way to ATL with Laura H. and Megan K. and Dustin to go see an urban art exhibit at the High. We were turned away!!! So many people showed up that the line was out the door down to the parking garage basically, and they were over capacity. Our attempt to be cultured was thwarted. So we then went to the always delicious Cheesecake Factory in Buckhead. I had Godiva cheesecake and a glass of wine. Perfect. Plus I had a great night with those guys. I am lucky girl to have such wonderful friends.


Gday was pretty good. Anticipating what will be next year.

This week was hectic and I skipped a lot of class. Sometimes on purpose, sometimes because I have a newfound obsession with the snooze button.

Tonight I had a jazz gig in
Atlanta, and it was one of the best gigs I've ever had! First of all, it was pretty neat because it was this big fundraising to do, so the facilities (world congress center) were pretty nice. The stage was great- pyrotechnics, big neon arch (not kidding). Not much room, but we had some good sound set-up and a pretty good show. The ballroom dance club performed to our music, and many other people got up and danced. That's what it's all about, right? In any case, that was fun. But besides the performance aspect, there were so many other things that made it great. A lot of music groups came and performed, so there were friends to hang out with. Also- I got to dress up! And all the guys looked so nice in their tuxes.

But here's the best part, as you might have guessed from the title of this entry. We got lots of free food- and it was fancy. But they definitely had a CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!!!!

It was amazing. Brilliant. A continuous fountain of chocolate. There were plates of fruit (strawberries!!!!!!!!!!!! they were delicious!), and graham crackers, marshmellows, PRETZELS, pound cake, angel food cake.... the works. I was mesmerized. Every free moment I had was spent looking at this thing and dipping food items in it. I wanted to just stick my hand in there. Maybe even my face. Chocolate. A Fountain. It's genius. In fact, I proposed to Dr. Culvahouse (also hanging out at the chocolate fountain) that we order one of these for the school of music lobby. I would coat my reeds in chocolate. In fact, I would coat everything in chocolate. Be warned- if we do indeed acquire a chocolate fountain for the school of music, your belongings might end up chocolatized.

So, on that note, it's been a pretty good week. I seem to be unable to arrive home from school before
midnight these days. And I leave for France in exactly three weeks! My room is a mess, and I refuse to leave the country with my room like this. So at some point, I am going to have to give in and clean up. I also got an email this week that really made me feel better about some things. Thank you for that, very much.

Love to all. I am going to go dream about that chocolate fountain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home