Monday, June 27, 2005

Things I have learned lately:

- My family and friends are amazing. Everyone from home, from Athens, and the friends I grew close to in Europe are such blessings in my life.

- Chocolate may take a close second to the people in my life. Especially magnum bars.

- I like Coke more than wine. Shocker.

- I can actually take care of myself in a foreign country, even in a place where I don't speak the language. That's good to know.

- I actually DO love to play the saxophone. I missed it. lol

- People exist outside of the school of music. Who knew??

- Someone else in the world reads Henry James. Emily, you are so infinite.

- Never date someone who makes you wonder. You deserve to know you are loved; you should never have to guess.

- You will never miss mcdonalds unless you are actually in a differnt country. Even if you never eat it at home, you will find that in another country you need a royale with cheese. Oh, and i definitely had one. Ok more than one. Ok one in every major city.

- Holding your camera off of the Eiffel Tower is strangely exhilerating. Even if Michael is freaking out and having convulsions as a result. "Woah, woah woah woah!!"

- Ravens are scary.

- Make sure you have your passport, otherwise border patrol will stop you in Switzerland and kick you off the train if you are in the car next to me and Laura and Megan.

- Dont put nail clippers in your carry on. As much as you know that you shouldnt do this, you might still do this.... like I did.

- Check into the airport late, because they might upgrade your seats. Sweet.

- I have no idea what is going to happen when I graduate. But that's ok with me.

- There is nothing better in the morning than a real cafe au lait and a pain au chocolate.

I'll end with that for now, might revise this list later. I havent seen most of you in forever!!!! Miss you guys, give me a call/email/comment. :)

PS- yay for the France party! Michael, you are a genius. Have more france parties. Thanks.

7 Comments:

Blogger cbrad said...

don't forget that they're trying to cut down on all the european nail-clipper crime. could've been a massacre, you know.

btw, i don't think you have to leave the country to miss mcdonald's. come to think of it, i'm getting a craving right now...

oh, and coke is WAY better than wine.

-B

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if coke is better than wine. After drinking it while working at Waffle House all night, vino begins sounding very alluring.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hmm, I think we have a debate going on here. Anyone else? Coke v. Wine?

Ps- the new arbor mist commercials are really annoying. I'd like to watch the food network without interruptions promoting crappy alcohol.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Wine is good in small quantities. It is a delicacy and should be treated as such. (Unless, of course, it's $3 champagne... oh, that was a good New Year's Eve...) It's an acquired taste, but I like it.

Coke on the other hand is eminently available, consumable, and tasty. It may be a ridiculously large part of our culture, but that's probably because it's so good.

My vote goes to Coke.

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coke or wine? Wine in Europe, Coke in the United States. Why? Because Wine is cheaper than Coke in Europe and Coke is cheaper than Wine in the States.

Debate over. I win. ~Laura

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coke...hands down.

Wine can be substituted for....what're you gonna drink if you want a Coke but can't get one? Pepsi? Blech!

ok ok make it more broad, we're in the south.....Coke = soft drink, then there truly is no substitute...

"Oh, you don't have coke? Well, how 'bout milk?" ... nah, not quite..

(Crap, guess what idiot can't remember his password...)

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've decided to join in on this debate...

As a person who has just moments ago consumed adult beverages, I'm going to say... Wine... but I do really love coke.... So basically I think that we shouldn't have to pick... We can have both!

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home