Friday, June 11, 2004

Well, I should be taking a nap right now, but somehow I am not sleepy. I'll regret it later, I can tell.

Camp has been so awesome this week. I am the rehearsal assistant for the middle school band at the UGA Summer Music Camp. I thought it wasn't going to be fun at all. But me and my new parter in crime Kristen have had the bet time ever. I hope next week is just as fun, even though Kristen wont be here. :(

Last night was the Honors Recital for some of the kids. Man, a few of them are simply amazing!! They have more talent than I'll ever have! One little boy was so cute; he sang a song from Mary Poppins: "Feed the Birds." He was sooooo happy when he got done and everyone gave him a standing ovation... I actually teared up because he was just so happy to see everyone clapping for him! That's what music is about, making people happy. It was so awesome.

Anyway, before that, Kristen and I almost got fired. HAha, not really, but we thought we were going to. It's a funny story that involves coffee and a golf cart. And a little running. Lol it was soooooooooo funny.

And a few days before that we had a faculty recital where all the music professors played. Man, we have some amazing people at this school. I don't remember her name, but the professor who sings soprano is simply breathtaking!! I think I just love the human voice too much! I wish I could sing. She gave me chills though. Also the cello and bass were amazing. Ahh. It was nice to hear something other than band music for just a little bit. I have to go back in a little while and help with the concerts and stuff. This was so worth it though, even for basically not getting paid, lol.

These next few weeks I really have to focus on practicing. I took a break this month, which I think is good. I needed it, I was starting to get burnt out, but I still got to play some (crappy music) in conducting band. I really want to get serious about it though. I need to be a respectful musician, and I think that means working hard enough to utilize the talent you have. And I think I haven't worked hard enough in college. I also want to do my best to be proficient on other instruments as well. At least a brass instrument and maybe piano. Passing piano class means nothing. Lol.

I've also found some things I need to work on in my writing. I really need to work on dialogue. Which means I need to know my characters. Which means I need to be able to know and read people. Hmmm... need to work on that maybe.

Cool I miss all of you guys!!!! Everyone is gone to different places! Love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home