Monday, May 10, 2004

Well, it's May, and I am in Athens in a new place for a limited amount of time. May and June should be pretty fun. Classes wont be too bad. I actually think I will enjoy them. I miss my girls, and I am definitely already missing lindsey. I hope she has an awesome time in france!

Well, I just played around with this stupid juornal for forever, but now people can comment on it which is awesome. So make some comments!!!! cool.

Wow, I keep thinking about travelling places. It's probably Lindsey's excitement about France. I just keep thinking of planes and all the places I want to go. Even driving to a different city, just to see different things. If there was any way I could save up and buy a ticket to Paris or Rome this summer, I would do it. Even if I had to go all by myself, I would do it. I just miss being in very old places. Gwinnett, even Athens both feel so new compared to everything else I know is out there. I used to go to Savannah all the time, and I miss that feeling. That there are trees around older than any person alive. I keep thinking about France- the cathedrals there mostly. They are so old. Hundreds of years old, carved out of stone by hands long since gone. Carved with dedication and passion. The ceilings are taller than you could imagine and the floors are made of stone too. Everything echoes and you just feel so small. Small, but cradled. It's a nice feeling. I feel like everything around me is so processed and fake. That's part of the reason I want to go to New York. I feel like I am stuck in the middle of no where, in a place where everything is manufactured and the same. New York, to me, is such a symbol of independance. I am still tied to everything here and I want to be free.

I want Isabel Archer's Europe... with everything at her fingertips. I want Dagny Taggart's New York.

I want choices....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home