Monday, October 10, 2005

I like where I am in life, but sometimes I feel like it is totally not where I was meant to be. And I know that statement is completely moot, because, in any philosophy that I can think of, you can only be meant to be in one place- which is the now and here, the present, wherever you are. So this is, apparently, where I was meant to be.

So what now?


I always have this sort of philosphical and emotional self-question session at about this time of year. It's the weather change I think. But then I always get over it and move on and live my every day day-to-day. But that sucks. Day-to-day is not leading me anywhere right now, however much I enjoy day-to-day. This is my 17th straight year of being in school. Thinking back, those first four years when I was not in school, they pretty much rocked. You know, eat some food (hot dog, macaroni and cheese), watch some tv (sesame street!), play a computer game (green screen, name the zoo animal style), take a nap, make brother do something (play barbie!!!), repeat. Pretty sweet deal.

Current schedule: Wake up tired, go to class tired, go to lesson, remember that you don't have time to eat lunch on any day of the week, or breakfast, or sometimes even dinner (no hot dog and macaroni... :(...), do homework (yeah right), stay up as late as possible to pretend like you have free time, go to sleep (briefly), repeat.



I used to be creative... where did that go? That's right, you are reading what's left of my creative outlet. Anyone reading this want to offer me a job? A good one? I'll have a music degree in a couple of years. I'm creative. I play the saxophone. I can write. I can solve logistical problems. Do you need a stylist? I will apply. I can type. Contrary to the contents of this blog, I understand the concepts of grammar. I can speak French fairly well.


Somehow, I think I need to work on my resume. Suggestions (or job offers)??

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

No suggestions for jobs. Obviously... This is my 10th year.. of college.
Hang in there. Sometimes you feel burned out, but it gets better. sometimes.

9:59 AM  
Blogger cbrad said...

10 years, eh?

rookie.

-B

p.s. - molly, i am actually going to repost your other entry at some point. keep watching...

8:50 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Do whatever it is that makes the day fly by for you... where you lose track of time.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home